- On 27 April, Jean Philip Vroninks is appointed as Executive Director by the General Meeting of Shareholders. He officially began his mandate as CEO of Befimmo on 1 June 2021.
- Implementation of Befimmo’s Green Finance Framework, which provides supporting structure on which Befimmo can issue Green Bonds.
- Befimmo partners up with Sparks. The start-up will offer special meeting environments featuring innovative meeting rooms, a range of complementary services and professional support.
- Befimmo moved to its brand new flagship offices in the Central building.
- Delivery of the Quatuor building with its first occupants moving in in August 2021.
- Acquisition of the Cubus building in Howald, Luxembourg for approximately €30 million. This second investment in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg offers an important value creating potential.
- Granting of a 94-year long lease on the office building of the “Esprit Courbevoie” project, in state of future completion, for an amount of approximately €27 million. The expected yield on investment is 5.6%.
- Disposal of the Wiertz building to its occupant, the European Parliament, for a total amount of €74.9 million. The operation generated a net capital gain of €43.2 million on the investment value.
- Acquisition of the second, third and fourth floors (5,600 m²) of the Antwerp Tower in which Silversquare will operate, as from mid-2022, its 10th coworking space.
- Opening of an eighth coworking location: Silversquare Central, located in the heart of Brussels.
Fair value of portfolio at 31 December 2021: €2,835.9 million