- Alexandrite Monnet Belgian Bidco SA - an entity wholly controlled by one of Brookfield’s real-estate private funds - acquired control of 100% of Befimmo SA following the simplified squeeze-out and Befimmo SA has left the stock market on 3 January 2023 after close of trading.
- The start-up Sparks opened its doors on 1 June in Brussels (in Central, Befimmo’s headquarters).
- Befimmo sold two non-core buildings in Belgian provincial towns (Brugge and Torhout Burg).
- Befimmo signed the early termination of the leasehold rights for the Choux building, located in the Centre of Brussels.
- In December, Befimmo sold full ownership of the Ocean House building, located in the Periphery of Brussels, to a private investor.
- In April, Silversquare opened its ninth coworking space in the Quatuor complex in the North district of Brussels.
- In September, Silversquare opened its tenth coworking space in the Paradis Express in Liège. Just a stone's throw from the famous Guillemins train station.
- Following the comprehensive review of its carbon footprint and the integration of all of its subsidiaries in accordance with the GHG Protocol, Befimmo obtained the validation of its Science Based Targets (SBT). Via these targets, the Company undertakes to reduce absolute CO2e emissions related to scopes 1 and 2 by 50% by 2030, compared to the base year 2018.
Fair value of portfolio at 31 December 2022: 2,749.9 million €
- On 27 April, Jean Philip Vroninks is appointed as Executive Director by the General Meeting of Shareholders. He officially began his mandate as CEO of Befimmo on 1 June 2021.
- Implementation of Befimmo’s Green Finance Framework, which provides supporting structure on which Befimmo can issue Green Bonds.
- Befimmo partners up with Sparks. The start-up will offer special meeting environments featuring innovative meeting rooms, a range of complementary services and professional support.
- Befimmo moved to its brand new flagship offices in the Central building.
- Delivery of the Quatuor building with its first occupants moving in in August 2021.
- Acquisition of the Cubus building in Howald, Luxembourg for approximately €30 million. This second investment in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg offers an important value creating potential.
- Granting of a 94-year long lease on the office building of the “Esprit Courbevoie” project, in state of future completion, for an amount of approximately €27 million. The expected yield on investment is 5.6%.
- Disposal of the Wiertz building to its occupant, the European Parliament, for a total amount of €74.9 million. The operation generated a net capital gain of €43.2 million on the investment value.
- Acquisition of the second, third and fourth floors (5,600 m²) of the Antwerp Tower in which Silversquare will operate, as from mid-2022, its 10th coworking space.
- Opening of an eighth coworking location: Silversquare Central, located in the heart of Brussels.
Fair value of portfolio at 31 December 2021: €2,835.9 million
- Befimmo announces its partnership with Co.Station (a unique innovation and entrepreneurship platform) and becomes its privileged real-estate partner.
- Befimmo celebrated its 25th birthday.
- The ZIN project obtains building and environmental permits.
- Granting of a 99-year leasehold on the Blue Tower for a total amount of about €112 million, with a net capital gain of some €22 million on the investment value.
- Disposal of the Media, Guimard, Froissart, Schuman 3 and Schuman 11 buildings. Based on investment value the transactions generated an overall net capital gain of some €35 million.
- Introduction of our Breathe at Work label.
- Befimmo joins the community of the Belgian Alliance for Climate Action, founded by The Shift and WWF. Together with 52 other Belgian companies, Befimmo is committed to reducing its CO2e emissions by introducing Science Based Targets (SBT).
Fair value of portfolio at 31 December 2020: €2,714 million
- €69 million raised following the private placement of 1,266,300 treasury shares.
- Befimmo completes the largest rental transaction on the Brussels office market since 10 years. It wins the public contract organised by the Flemish Government. The 70,000 m² of office space in the ZIN project is entirely pre-let. The 18-year lease will commence in 2023. The ZIN project won the “be.exemplary 2019” award, organised by the Brussels authority (“Urban.brussels”) in the category “Large private projects”.
- Paradis Express: Befimmo and Matexi (residential developer) signed a cooperation agreement for the transfer of part of the land (0.6 ha) to be developed by Matexi who will handle the development of the residential spaces, shops and hospitality businesses.
- Disposal of the Pavilion building, located in the Brussels CBD (Leopold district), generating a capital gain of €10.0 million (€0.39 per share) in relation to the fair value as the fiscal year opened.
- Acquisition of the Loi 44 building, adjacent to Befimmo's Joseph II building it offers great potential for value creation.
- Opening of the Silversquare Zaventem coworking space in Ikaros Park.
Fair value of portfolio at 31 December 2019: €2,788.6 million.