Befimmo (hereafter: we, us or Befimmo) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Information we collect from you;
- Uses made of your information;
- Legal Basis;
- Disclosure of your information;
- Transfer of your information;
- Your rights;
- Security of collected information;
- Retention of your information;
- External websites/apps;
- Identity of data controller – contact details.
- Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on
www.befimmo. be (hereafter: our website) or by corresponding with us, after having taken contact with us through our website, by phone, email or otherwise. . It includes information you provide to us when you complete the online contact form or subscribe to thepress releases, etc.. The information you give us may include your name and email address.
- Information we collect about you.
During each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products/services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- Uses made of your information
We use the information we hold about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already used or enquired about;
- to review and assess your job application;
- to ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
- to answer the questions you may have;
- to send you press releases (when you subscribed for them through the website).
- Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- Legal basis
Your information is being collected and processed on the following legal bases:
- If it is necessary for pursuing our legitimate interests, considering these interests are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms, e.g. we use your information to know your preferences so as to be able to better personalize our product offerings, to prevent fraud and to secure our website, or
- When you consented to this, e.g. if you have given your prior express consent thereto we may use your email address for sending you press releases.
- Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your information with selected third parties including:
- our affiliates/other entities within the Befimmo group;
- our business partners; ;
- public authorities (including judicial and police authorities);
- banks and insurers;
- our professional advisors;
- providers of recruitment related services;
- our suppliers of IT related services, e.g. Globule Bleu and Nasdaq (InPublic) ;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site, e.g. Google.
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Befimmo, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with public authorities (including judicial and police authorities) in the event of, for example, a cyber-security incident;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- Transfer of your information
If we transfer your information outside of the EEA, we will make sure that your information is protected by the following safeguards:
- the laws of the country to which your information is transferred ensure an adequate level of data protection (Article 45 GDPR); or
- the transfer is subject to data protection clauses approved by the European Commission (Article 46.2 GDPR) or is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield;
- the transfer is based on Binding Corporate Rules (Article 47 GDPR); an approved Code of Conduct (Article 40 GDPR); an approved certification mechanism (Article 42 GDPR); an approved data transfer agreement (Article 46.3 GDPR); data protection clauses adopted by the belgian data protection authority (Article 46.2 GDPR).
If you wish to receive more information relating to the transfers of your information and/or the safeguards that have been implemented (including on how to receive a copy thereof), you can contact us through the contact details set out in section 12 below.
- Your rights
You have certain rights regarding the information we hold about you. These rights can be exercised by contacting us as set out in section 12 below:
- you have the right to access the information we keep about you – this is because we want you to be aware of the information we have about you and to enable you to verify whether we process your information in accordance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations;
- you have the right, under certain circumstances, to block or suppress further use of your information. When the processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but we can no longer use it;
- if your information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request the rectification of your information;
- you have the right, under certain circumstances, to request the deletion or removal of your information from our systems;
- you have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your information with your national data protection authority;
- if our processing of your personal information is based specifically on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time;
you have the right to obtain from us, under certain circumstances, your information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form so you can reuse it for your own purposes across different services.
You also have the right to object to certain types of processing
However, note that we may need to retain certain information, for example for legal or administrative purposes
For all requests set out above, please send us an email with “data privacy request” in the subject line and include a copy of your identity card or another proof of your identity (e.g. driver’s license) to help us prevent unauthorised individuals from accessing, changing or deleting your information. We will respond to your request as soon as practically possible. If we need more than one month (from receipt of your request) to respond to your request, we will come back to you and let you know.
- Security of collected information
We have implemented a number of security features throughout our website in order to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to collected and/or received information. We have endeavored to create a secure and reliable website for you, but note that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us or any other party via our website or email cannot be guaranteed. We accept no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via these methods.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
- Retention of your information
- the processing of your information is necessary in connection with any actual or potential dispute (e.g. we need this information to establish or defend legal claims), in which case we will keep your information until the end of such dispute; and/or
- the retention is necessary for us to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation (e.g. for tax purposes), in which case we will keep your information for as long as required by that obligation.
- External websites
The fact that Befimmo provides a link to a third party site does not imply that Befimmo approves, authorizes or funds any of these sites or that it is affiliated with any third party. Any mention of third party products or services is provided solely for your information and does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of such products or services by Befimmo.
These external websites may provide links to this Website. Befimmo has not reviewed the content of these websites and has no influence or role whatsoever in the content or other features of these websites.
Where these external sites have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- Identity of data controller – contact details