Challenges and Strategic axes
Following the establishment by the United Nations of a list of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), an analysis was conducted to identify the issues on which Befimmo’s activities could have a positive or negative impact. In a process of continuous improvement of Befimmo’s social responsibility policy, this analysis enhances the list of relevant challenges and connects us to 15 of the 17 SDGs.
- Integration into the city: the building becomes an ecosystem open to its urban environment that brings together a mix of functions;
- The world of work: rethinking workspaces based on the type of activity and profile of the users;
- Setting an example: Befimmo shares the benefit of its research with all its partners and uses its influence to foster positive developments in society;
- Mobility: contributing to the development of alternative, environmentally-friendly transport solutions;
- Dialogue: fostering and maintaining communication with all its stakeholders;
- Use of resources: applying the principles of eco-design and the circular economy at each phase of a building’s life cycle.